Friday, October 23, 2009

Shaqeel and Sleep

The first 2 months of Shaqeel's life, he would only sleep on people's arms and will cry the moment he is put down. It was really tiring and incredibly taxing for me as I was also a bit possesive of who holds him hehe. The good thing is this happens only during day naps. He sleeps quite well during night time and thank god for that right?!

When I was pregnant, I had my mind set on a few things. No swing! No pacifier! No nursing to sleep! No sleeping on tummy! All these because I was afraid that he will be dependant on it and I got advices left and right. But, I became desperate.......


Shaqeel on his rocker

I caved in and bought a swing, a rocker and a pacifier. I also nurse him to sleep and he sleeps for ages on tummy hahaha Anything for survival ah.

Shaqeel chilling on his swing

Anyway he sleeps very well now. He naps about 3 hrs in the day. I put him in a routine at night . Around 630 to 7pm I'll start with nursing him, give him a warm bath and then I'll swaddle him. Finally I'll rock Shaqeel to sleep sambil buat shushing sound. This takes about 30 to 45 mins so usually by 715 to 730pm, he will be sound asleep and then I'll put him down in his crib on his tummy. Then, I can have my dinner in peace :)

8 out of 10 times this works. The other 2 times, I'll be stressed out.



2 comments:

Shareena said...

babeee gd writing lah..it's a gd blog where u can give tips n all other information useful to mothers/notyet mothers haha. guess i'll be a religious follower of ur blog after this..:D

Baby Shaq said...

Kuikuikui timacih ye. No tips from me though. Coz I also need tips. Ahaks!