Monday, March 7, 2011

Shaqeel Goes To Nursery

Shaqeel has been under the care of the maid when we go to work ever since he was born. However, the maid left us last week (which deserves an entry of its own), so since then, I have been sending Shaqeel to a kindy/daycare nearby our house.

I surveyed 3 different daycares in Bukit Antarabangsa area and finally decided on Mariah Development Center in Taman Bukit Jaya. It operates in 3 houses (which makes it very big), has a swimming pool, English speaking teachers and most importantly it is an Islamic center (the reason I'm sold). I get a good positive vibe when I first enquired about this place from Principal Mariah.

It has been 5 days now. My morning routine has changed. The moment I open my eyes, my work starts. I bathe and get ready, prepare Shaqeel's bag, bathe and dress him, give him milk, prepare breakfast, eat breakfast and by this time I want to sleep again! I know I know, it doesn't sound too tiring but please bear in mind I did never ending house chores the day before and I work full time too! It doesn't help either that I like my house spotless.

I am actively looking for a maid now. Honestly, it would be the best solution for me right now. I don't have to worry about house chores and could use the precious time to spend it with my boys instead. Ahh..but I digress....

So anyway, after 5 days, Shaqeel still cries in the morning when I send him to kindy. The moment he sees the Green house, he will cry. Kesian sungguh. Breaks my heart, really. According to the teachers, he cried only the first few minutes and will soon join in the other kids. It's such a relief to know.

I hope Shaqeel is in good hands. I trust my instincts. It's a blessing in disguise that my maid left actually. I realized keeping the house clean is very tiring. Taking care of an active boy is equally tiring. Shaqeel can learn to make friends. Mommy will always be there for Shaqeel. But maids however, come and go.....

....as do girlfriends ;)

2 comments:

Inty Winty said...

Kan? Very tiring kan? Chewah bagi alasan untuk rumah sendiri yang messy. Sigh.

Unknown said...

Hi there, would like to know more about mariah kindy. Well actually im currently looking for nursery. Appreciate if you could update and give some comments.. Fees.. Etc. Interested to know more. Thanks!