Friday, October 15, 2010

Mandi Sungai

Emil's father was a member of Patikan, the MCKK class of 60 boys. Every 3 months or so (if I'm not mistaken), they will organize a get together among themselves for their class reunion and family gathering.




So, last two weeks, the get together was held in Janda Baik (Why would anyone ever name this place that?) One of the old boy has a wonderful wooden house with lawn as huge as a football field. It was located right by a small river. Just perfect!




I jumped at this opportunity to go because firstly, it was in Janda Baik and I want to bring Shaqeel to mandi sungai :)

Secondly, I love this tradition that they made it a point to gather a few times a year for casual meet ups and I want to be a part of it.

And thirdly, I love the network! These are all MCKK boys who were groomed to be someone back in the 60s. Who knows which power figure I might bump into right?


Shaqeel: Networking

Anyway, I had a good time that weekend. Shaqeel behaved well and seemed to really enjoy the cool river. The food was good. The weather was just nice and breezy.




Now, the question is, where do I send Shaqeel to school?

No comments: