Sunday, May 20, 2012

Potty Training

When a school friend succesfully potty trained her daughter at age almost 2 years, I decided it's Shaqeel's time to be potty trained as well. I have put it off for awhile now but he is going to be 3 in 2 months time, I guess I can't delay it any longer.

So, one Friday, I told Shaqeel you are a big boy, there is no need to be wearing diapers anymore, tell me if you want to poo/pee. I also brought him to the toilet (I bought the potty seat at IKEA) every hour to do his business and constantly ask him if he feels the need to relieve himself.

It surprisingly went without a hitch. So proud of my baby!

Of course, on the first day there were 2 accidents, 1 near-miss incident and 4 underpants change in 5 hours...but all in all, it was not a stressful experience. I think the fact that he is almost 3 makes a difference. He understands things. However, I still put him on diapers at night, can't risk having the mattress wet.


No comments: